Thanks for using BKS Shorts, the premier reporting tool for Xojo projects. We appreciate all of the feedback we’ve received over the course of the year. Trust me when I say that
Shorts wouldn’t be where it is without your dedicated use and feedback of issues, concerns, and feedback requests.
Version 1.8 fixes a rather insidious bug that’s been in the Designer since day one. The Top property for PrintItems was always reported as relative to the top of the page. Well, this is just plain wrong because in a banded reporting tool Top and Left should be relative to the BAND, not the page. This one change literally affected everything from read & write, to drawing of the display, to all of the mouse handling. PLEASE REPORT ANY ISSUES YOU FIND ASAP to Mantis.
Version 1.8 is the last major release of the 1.x series. Version 2 will add Report Headers/Footers and a new SQL engine that will hopefully make reports much faster than they are today. When Xojo gets their act together for 64 bit debugging you can be sure we’ll do 64 bit debugging and make sure things work. A stretch goal for version 2 is subreports. VERSION 2.0 will be an upgrade.
Full change list:
- Added Informix to the list of databases
- Uses the SQL Plugin from MonkeyBread Software. Requires additional license purchase from MBS.
- Added Constants to the tool. Essentially a Dictionary that allows a user to add constants to a report without having to put it in a database table.
- Constants show up in the Tool List
- Constants Editor is invoked under the Report menu in the Demo
- Constants are saved in the JSON string and can be changed at runtime before rendering
- Constants are by report. Please let us know if you want global constants.
- Added the ability to have nested conditional statements in the filter data option of Report Designer.
- Added two integer properties (Leading and Trailing) to PAF_DatabaseKit.QueryCondition required to include these in SerializeJSON, Constructor, and Clone methods
- updates to winDBFilter adding a mousedown event and UpdateList method.
- Also modified Display method to accomodate the nested conditions
updatte to winDBFilter added pushbuttons to add, remove and clear groupings.
- update to winDBFilter added headerpressed event to prevent sorting of clumns in listbox so logic is not changed
- Added graphics to the primitive elements (line, rect, oval, image, text) you can drag to the design canvas
- Removed the metadata shortcuts.
- Turned off sorting filters by column in winDBFilter to prevent changes in filter logic
- Changed location of Sakila (example database) download location.
- Resize item behavior changed a bit from previous version. WANT FEEDBACK.
- When rendering directly from JSON string the DB schema isn’t rescanned unless necessary.
- Exporting to CSV not brings back all rows.
- When changing a text format to an already existing style, the stylename was not being updated, thus in some cases causing the style to revert to the default.
This was a particular problem when saving a report and then printing directly to a PDF.
- Positioning of the items in the bands is now relative to the band rather than the page.
- So setting an item to (0,0) will put it to the top/left of the band it’s assigned rather than moving it to top/left of the page.
- Fixed issue with Encoding of special characters. (Thanks to Valdemar De Sousa)
- May have found the issue causing occasional hard crash. Had to do with updating the Property List after it had already been dismissed
Product home page at http://www.bkeeney.com/allproducts/bkeeney-shorts/