We released version 1.5.3 of BKS Shorts today. A number of bug fixes, changes, and additions were added. The change list below.
I will be the showing off Shorts at the next Xojo webinar on February 2nd at at 1:00 PM (GMT-5:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada). Signup at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/7a19681a9a0c3f5f7c24e00bf0acd2b8
One of the new items is the ability to show a Row Number on any band using the new SC_GetCount XojoScript. Add this to any Band Script to modify a TextItem.
We added a couple of new examples based on user feedback. The first is using the SC_GetCount Band Script to set row numbers. The second, is an example of how to print directly to a printer without having to go through the viewer.
- Added SC_GetCount in the Band XojoScript editor. This lets you get how many times this band has been shown. Example of use is to have line numbers on your report without having to do it in SQL.
- Updated German localization
- Rearranged UI on ccPAF_Filter (Filter Data) to make it a bit more obvious
- As a Text Item or Field Item are put on a report it will automatically use the “Default Style”
- Fixed an issue where the Default Style wasn’t getting passed to the generated report.
- The Styles Editor now allows you to delete multiple Styles at a time.
- Added a new example of how to print directly to printer without having to use the viewer.
- Reconfigured Demo window to break between Report Designer stuff and older code-only stuff.
- Added SC_GetCount Demo
- Fixed some items in the HTML Renderer
- In PAF_PrintKit.PrintText.constructor if there is no DefaultStyle we create one.
- ReportPF will now extract Styles from the report definition file.
BKS Shorts with the Report Designer is $300 and you get the full source code. More information can be found at http://www.bkeeney.com/allproducts/bkeeney-shorts/