BKeeney Software is proud to announce Version 1.6.0 of BKS Shorts with Report Designer, our reporting classes and tool for Xojo. Shorts allows you to integrate a report designer into your own Xojo desktop application. Desktop and Web applications can generate reports. Both versions can export to PDF if they have the MonkeyBread DynaPDF plugin.
This is a recommended update for all registered users and is a free upgrade. Besides a number of important bug fixes there are also some big new features
The first is the ability to ask the user for runtime parameters for a query. For example, if you created a report based on a fiscal year you can now ask the user which fiscal year they want. The dynamic runtime query lets you ask the user for a number of different things. Strings, numbers, user supplied lists, and even a list based on a database query are possible.
The second thing we added is the ability to get an event back from the generated report on what row was clicked. This event gives you the information for all objects in that row so you could implement a drill-down report. Along with this event we now allow invisible objects to be created to provide additional information.
Our product page is at http://www.bkeeney.com/allproducts/bkeeney-shorts/
Full change list:
• Dynamic Runtime Query variables. Allows the report designer to ask the user what values they want at runtime. Current paramters types::
– Boolean value using a Checkbox
– String value
– Numeric (integer and double values)
– User List (popup)
– Query List (popup)
– Date, DateTime, or Time
• Moving items via the mouse will immediately update the save status on the Toolbar
• Changing Filter Data will update the save status and undo status
• Undo now works for changing of filter data.
• Added Filter Data to report designer Toolbar
• Added an ObjectSelected event on the BKS_ShortsBaseViewer that will pass back the clicked BKS_Shorts.Item and if there is one, the BKS_Shorts.GroupItem. This will allow you to implement a drill down report.
• Invisible TextItems are rendered in the background color to allow the MouseHit to bring back additional information in the group
• Added a FieldName property to BKS_Shorts.Item and reports run through the Report Designer will fill that in at generation time. This allows the user to query what the field (if there is one) from the selected item.
• Added OK/Cancel generic container for all dialogs
• Bug Fix [Windows Only]: Now respect the number of copies specified for a print. Note that this is not in Shorts classes itself but how the supporting code prints.
• Bug Fix: Fixed another instance where it was possible to NOT have a Default Style when generating a report.
• Improved German localizations.
• Moved About Shorts Designer Menu Item out of winReportDesigner
• Bands that are marked as invisible no longer get rendered on the report.
• Dynamic Queries do not work with IN clause in where statements.