BKeeney Software is proud to announce Version 1.6.2 of BKS Shorts with Report Designer, our reporting classes and tool for Xojo. Shorts allows you to integrate a report designer into your own Xojo desktop application. Desktop and Web applications can generate reports. Both versions can export to PDF if they have the MonkeyBread DynaPDF plugin.
This is a free update to all existing users. This version fixes a couple of important bugs and is recommended for all users. In this version we also added a CSV Renderer that allows you to export your reports to CSV in addition to HTML and PDF.
Product Home Page: http://www.bkeeney.com/allproducts/bkeeney-shorts/
- Added a CSV Renderer that can export reports to CSV format ignoring page headers and footers. (Note: CSV Export isn’t perfect. We’re just taking the text and putting it in a file.)
- Added CSV Export into the File->Export Menu to give example.
- Added Chinook Invoice Database Example.
- Added ability to get exception messages back from the Report Thread.
- Tightened up the spacing in the dynamic DateTime container.
- Did some prep work in the Designer and in ReportPF to allow fields in the header in a future release.
- Fixed Formatting of page numbers so it can go up to 4 digits.
- Fixed loading of Schema and Views in the report viewer.
- When opening a report the view switches automatically to the Design View.
- Fixed an issue where adding ? to the Filter Data (thus making it a dynamic runtime variable) would not get saved without unchecking and checking the dynamic checkbox in the list.
- Fixed issue with Lines line staying put in proper location in the Designer.
- Fixed issue where adding a Field in the Header of the report would cause what appeared to be an infinite loop (really was an exception in the thread). Now it will finish the report.