BKeeney Software is pleased to announce a new release of BKeeney Shorts, their Reporting tool for Xojo. BKS Shorts allows users to embed a report designer into their desktop applications and render reports onscreen, to a printer, as well as to HTML, CSV, and PDF formats (PDF requires a DynaPDF license). Web applications can render reports to HTML, CSV and PDF Formats.
Version 1.7 is an extensive update with a new, faster, file format. Users with dynamic queries can now put a summary of selections in the header. Dynamic queries that use popup list selections can now make them optional. And much, much more. Complete change list below.
BKeeney Shorts Product Page: http://www.bkeeney.com/allproducts/bkeeney-shorts/
BKeeney Shorts costs $300 and is shipped with 100% unencrypted Xojo source code.
- Added SupressField property to Fields. This will keep rows with identical text to the row above it from displaying. Resets on each page.
- Added ?? shortcut to Header/Footer bands to be able to put report parameters into the report. Feedback appreciated.
- Added check upon opening reports in the designer to see if all fields in the report are still valid.
- Now provide an error message to user if there were any errors while generating report.
- Added a Version field to the report to make it easier for future file format changes. New file format is 1. Added a conversion routine to convert to version 1.
- The Property List now has a dedicated popup menu for Date fields.
- The Query List Dynamic queries can now be made optional to ‘select all’ for that field.
- Now provide feedback to the user during report generation. This will give rough estimates of numbers of rows created.
- When switching back to Design view we now make sure the thread generating the report is killed if still running.
- Major rewrite to the DBWrapper class to make it much more effecient.
- PAF_QueryCondition made part of the PAF_DatabaseKit and renamed to PAF_DatabaseKit.QueryCondition
- Reports will save the DefaultStyle from the StylesList.
- Added some Localization strings into the object list.
- Removed the Contextual Menu from the Property List format item. Only used for Dates and it now has dedicated Date Popup.
- Added a WaterMark to two of the Coded reports.
- Fixed issue where Grand Summary bands weren’t working.
- Views are now properly vetted through the TableViewAddCheck.
- Rescanning the schema will refresh the object list properly now.
- Can no longer drag a report objects (from the Report section of the Object List) into the designer. Now you can only drag fields and report primitives.
- Repeat Each Page and Page Break are now only valid and displayed for group headers.
- Adding/Removing items from the Designer now updates the Report Objects section of the object list.
- Fixed wording in the Band Editor.
- Background Text Color now saved properly in Style editor.
- Pressing Enter/Return while in the Properties List will update the object in the Editor.
- Fixed issue with report time in Report Footer if user had never set format in preferences.
- Fixed issue with line objects not calculating their top/right property properly.
- Fixed a date conversion issue when formatting the dates to other than default.
- Fixed mouse handling and drawing issues when the canvas width was smaller than the page width.
- Fixed Report window Title not showing on initial save of report in designer.
- Fixed odd random Nil Object Exceptions when updating from the property list.
- Fixed the WindowMenu class to work with multiple menu bars used in the project.
- Fixed issues with the IsFunction property when generating reports.