Today we released BKeeney Shorts 2.0.9. This is a free update to all version 2.0.x users.
Shorts is the award winning reporting tool for Xojo applications. Shorts allows a Xojo developer to embed a report designer inside in a desktop application, view reports in any resolution on desktop or web applications, save report files to file or to a database, and to export reports to HTML, CSV, and PDF (requires the DynaPDF plugin from MBS). Shorts works with SQLite, CubeSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ODBC, and Informix (requires the SQL plugin from MBS). Shorts comes as 100% unencrypted Xojo source code.
Align: Justify text! (#3627)
Report Designer can now copy and paste! (#3691)
Method to tell the DynaPDF renderer where to look for custom fonts
Report Designer bands with a Band Script now offer an indication in the designer (#3701)
Schema Zapper will remove the DB schema from the JSON for manual template changes (#3632)
Running in HiDPI in Windows using Xojo 2018 R3 now shows report preview in proper clarity
Report Designer no longer nags about deleting items that can be undone
Designer window positioning suggested by container event for better scoping
Standardized naming on winReportDesigner
DesignCanvas.GetUniqueName is now more smart
DBWrapper.DatabaseFile is now DBWrapper.SQLiteDatabaseFile for consistency
ReportBKS no longer redundantly loads styles to the global styles dictionary
PAF_PrintKit.DictStyles is now protected for clarity in code
Today we released BKeeney Shorts 2.0.8. This is a free update to all version 2.0.x users.
Shorts is the award winning reporting tool for Xojo applications. Shorts allows a Xojo developer to embed a report designer inside in a desktop application, view reports in any resolution on desktop or web applications, save report files to file or to a database, and to export reports to HTML, CSV, and PDF (requires the DynaPDF plugin from MBS). Shorts works with SQLite, CubeSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ODBC, and Informix (requires the SQL plugin from MBS).
Shorts comes as 100% unencrypted Xojo source code.
* DesignerCC.OpenReport now returns its success as a Boolean
* Removed FTC and RTF support from Shorts (#3716)
* winReportDesigner.Visible is now default False
* Improvements to winReportDesigner toolbar / tool item handling
* DefaultStyle is now a function returning a consistent default style
* DesignerCC will no longer override the window title – it now raises an event
* Can no longer delete bands outside the band editor by defualt
* PrinterSetup simplifed to fix a UX issue (#3672)
* HandleExportHTML method rewritten to be sandbox friendly
* ReportBKS.ScrubSQLArray replaces conditions with RegEx for consistency
* DBWrapper ensures it’s DBInfo child has an instance of the DB (#3679)
* Designer window now has a File > Close (cmd-w) menu item (#3652)
* Report Template version number incremented due to a JSON change with styles
* Localizations updated
* SetToolbarItem can no longer cause OutOfBoundsException
* French translation of “Text” is no longer “Send a SMS”
* Navigator selection is not lost in rare cases (#3670)
* Changing paper setup no longer creates too many undo levels
* Can no longer enter negative page numbers in the report viewer (#3673)
* Contextual clicking outside of a single selection no longer causes NOE (#3676)
* Reports can no longer be run with no Database Fields to request data, preventing SQL errors
* Fixed image resolving issue (#3687)
* Fixed constant editor window title
* HandleExportHTML no longer causes uncaught exception when cancelling (#3698)
* Filter conditions no longer cause SQL errors with unescaped characters
* Backward compatible styles loading now more robust
* Corrected an issue with server constants and plugins
* Fixed a couple of Mojave drawing glitches.
BKeeney Software is pleased to announce a new release of BKeeney Shorts, their Reporting tool for Xojo. BKS Shorts allows users to embed a report designer into their desktop applications and render reports onscreen, to a printer, as well as to HTML, CSV, and PDF formats (PDF requires a DynaPDF license). Web applications can render reports to HTML, CSV and PDF Formats.
Version 1.7 is an extensive update with a new, faster, file format. Users with dynamic queries can now put a summary of selections in the header. Dynamic queries that use popup list selections can now make them optional. And much, much more. Complete change list below.
One of the new items is the ability to show a Row Number on any band using the new SC_GetCount XojoScript. Add this to any Band Script to modify a TextItem.
We added a couple of new examples based on user feedback. The first is using the SC_GetCount Band Script to set row numbers. The second, is an example of how to print directly to a printer without having to go through the viewer.
Added SC_GetCount in the Band XojoScript editor. This lets you get how many times this band has been shown. Example of use is to have line numbers on your report without having to do it in SQL.
Updated German localization
Rearranged UI on ccPAF_Filter (Filter Data) to make it a bit more obvious
As a Text Item or Field Item are put on a report it will automatically use the “Default Style”
Fixed an issue where the Default Style wasn’t getting passed to the generated report.
The Styles Editor now allows you to delete multiple Styles at a time.
Added a new example of how to print directly to printer without having to use the viewer.
Reconfigured Demo window to break between Report Designer stuff and older code-only stuff.
Added SC_GetCount Demo
Fixed some items in the HTML Renderer
In PAF_PrintKit.PrintText.constructor if there is no DefaultStyle we create one.
ReportPF will now extract Styles from the report definition file.