Today we released BKeeney Shorts 2.0.8. This is a free update to all version 2.0.x users.
Shorts is the award winning reporting tool for Xojo applications. Shorts allows a Xojo developer to embed a report designer inside in a desktop application, view reports in any resolution on desktop or web applications, save report files to file or to a database, and to export reports to HTML, CSV, and PDF (requires the DynaPDF plugin from MBS). Shorts works with SQLite, CubeSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ODBC, and Informix (requires the SQL plugin from MBS).
Shorts comes as 100% unencrypted Xojo source code.
* DesignerCC.OpenReport now returns its success as a Boolean
* Removed FTC and RTF support from Shorts (#3716)
* winReportDesigner.Visible is now default False
* Improvements to winReportDesigner toolbar / tool item handling
* DefaultStyle is now a function returning a consistent default style
* DesignerCC will no longer override the window title – it now raises an event
* Can no longer delete bands outside the band editor by defualt
* PrinterSetup simplifed to fix a UX issue (#3672)
* HandleExportHTML method rewritten to be sandbox friendly
* ReportBKS.ScrubSQLArray replaces conditions with RegEx for consistency
* DBWrapper ensures it’s DBInfo child has an instance of the DB (#3679)
* Designer window now has a File > Close (cmd-w) menu item (#3652)
* Report Template version number incremented due to a JSON change with styles
* Localizations updated
* SetToolbarItem can no longer cause OutOfBoundsException
* French translation of “Text” is no longer “Send a SMS”
* Navigator selection is not lost in rare cases (#3670)
* Changing paper setup no longer creates too many undo levels
* Can no longer enter negative page numbers in the report viewer (#3673)
* Contextual clicking outside of a single selection no longer causes NOE (#3676)
* Reports can no longer be run with no Database Fields to request data, preventing SQL errors
* Fixed image resolving issue (#3687)
* Fixed constant editor window title
* HandleExportHTML no longer causes uncaught exception when cancelling (#3698)
* Filter conditions no longer cause SQL errors with unescaped characters
* Backward compatible styles loading now more robust
* Corrected an issue with server constants and plugins
* Fixed a couple of Mojave drawing glitches.
For more pricing, demo versions, and training videos please visit http://www.bkeeney.com/allproducts/bkeeney-shorts/
BKeeney Software is pleased to announce a new release of BKeeney Shorts, their Reporting tool for Xojo. BKS Shorts allows users to embed a report designer into their desktop applications and render reports onscreen, to a printer, as well as to HTML, CSV, and PDF formats (PDF requires a DynaPDF license). Web applications can render reports to HTML, CSV and PDF Formats.
Version 1.7 is an extensive update with a new, faster, file format. Users with dynamic queries can now put a summary of selections in the header. Dynamic queries that use popup list selections can now make them optional. And much, much more. Complete change list below.
BKeeney Shorts Product Page: http://www.bkeeney.com/allproducts/bkeeney-shorts/
BKeeney Shorts costs $300 and is shipped with 100% unencrypted Xojo source code.
- Added SupressField property to Fields. This will keep rows with identical text to the row above it from displaying. Resets on each page.
- Added ?? shortcut to Header/Footer bands to be able to put report parameters into the report. Feedback appreciated.
- Added check upon opening reports in the designer to see if all fields in the report are still valid.
- Now provide an error message to user if there were any errors while generating report.
- Added a Version field to the report to make it easier for future file format changes. New file format is 1. Added a conversion routine to convert to version 1.
- The Property List now has a dedicated popup menu for Date fields.
- The Query List Dynamic queries can now be made optional to ‘select all’ for that field.
- Now provide feedback to the user during report generation. This will give rough estimates of numbers of rows created.
- When switching back to Design view we now make sure the thread generating the report is killed if still running.
- Major rewrite to the DBWrapper class to make it much more effecient.
- PAF_QueryCondition made part of the PAF_DatabaseKit and renamed to PAF_DatabaseKit.QueryCondition
- Reports will save the DefaultStyle from the StylesList.
- Added some Localization strings into the object list.
- Removed the Contextual Menu from the Property List format item. Only used for Dates and it now has dedicated Date Popup.
- Added a WaterMark to two of the Coded reports.
- Fixed issue where Grand Summary bands weren’t working.
- Views are now properly vetted through the TableViewAddCheck.
- Rescanning the schema will refresh the object list properly now.
- Can no longer drag a report objects (from the Report section of the Object List) into the designer. Now you can only drag fields and report primitives.
- Repeat Each Page and Page Break are now only valid and displayed for group headers.
- Adding/Removing items from the Designer now updates the Report Objects section of the object list.
- Fixed wording in the Band Editor.
- Background Text Color now saved properly in Style editor.
- Pressing Enter/Return while in the Properties List will update the object in the Editor.
- Fixed issue with report time in Report Footer if user had never set format in preferences.
- Fixed issue with line objects not calculating their top/right property properly.
- Fixed a date conversion issue when formatting the dates to other than default.
- Fixed mouse handling and drawing issues when the canvas width was smaller than the page width.
- Fixed Report window Title not showing on initial save of report in designer.
- Fixed odd random Nil Object Exceptions when updating from the property list.
- Fixed the WindowMenu class to work with multiple menu bars used in the project.
- Fixed issues with the IsFunction property when generating reports.
We released version 1.5.3 of BKS Shorts today. A number of bug fixes, changes, and additions were added. The change list below.
I will be the showing off Shorts at the next Xojo webinar on February 2nd at at 1:00 PM (GMT-5:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada). Signup at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/7a19681a9a0c3f5f7c24e00bf0acd2b8
One of the new items is the ability to show a Row Number on any band using the new SC_GetCount XojoScript. Add this to any Band Script to modify a TextItem.
We added a couple of new examples based on user feedback. The first is using the SC_GetCount Band Script to set row numbers. The second, is an example of how to print directly to a printer without having to go through the viewer.
- Added SC_GetCount in the Band XojoScript editor. This lets you get how many times this band has been shown. Example of use is to have line numbers on your report without having to do it in SQL.
- Updated German localization
- Rearranged UI on ccPAF_Filter (Filter Data) to make it a bit more obvious
- As a Text Item or Field Item are put on a report it will automatically use the “Default Style”
- Fixed an issue where the Default Style wasn’t getting passed to the generated report.
- The Styles Editor now allows you to delete multiple Styles at a time.
- Added a new example of how to print directly to printer without having to use the viewer.
- Reconfigured Demo window to break between Report Designer stuff and older code-only stuff.
- Added SC_GetCount Demo
- Fixed some items in the HTML Renderer
- In PAF_PrintKit.PrintText.constructor if there is no DefaultStyle we create one.
- ReportPF will now extract Styles from the report definition file.
BKS Shorts with the Report Designer is $300 and you get the full source code. More information can be found at http://www.bkeeney.com/allproducts/bkeeney-shorts/