We released version 1.5.4 of the Report Designer today. One of the bigger changes is it ships with a web example of how to take a report definition and display it for a web app. This affects a significant amount of methods and properties throughout the project to make them work on desktop and web but seems to work well.
BKeeney Shorts (with report designer) is 100% Xojo code (DynaPDF Starter kit required to export to PDF) and comes with a drop in Report Designer and Report Viewer component for both desktop and web apps.
For purchasing information please visit http://www.bkeeney.com/allproducts/bkeeney-shorts/
Version 1.5.4 change list:
- Major code changes to allow most classes to work in web apps too.
- Simply copy BKS_Shorts_ReportDesigner folder into your existing web project.
- Delete PAF_PrintKit.DesignCanvas (desktop ScrollCanvas subclass)
- Create a new PAF_PrintKit.DesignCanvas that is a WebCanvas subclass
- Changing text values in the Properties List is now Case Sensitive
- Added Portugese Localization
- Added a commented out example of how to connect to MySQL without using the winDBConnection Window.
- See winRPTViewer.Display
- Fixed an issue that would cause the SQL statement to not be saved properly in the JSON string
- Added a Default Style if none is in the local dictionary
- How reports are saved so they can be viewed without first having to be in the designer
- WARNING! YOU WILL NEED TO RESAVE ALL OF YOUR REPORTS
- Cleaned up some localizations and made some more strings dynamic.
- Made the Report Designer the default pushbutton in Demo Window
- New Report opens a new Report Designer Window instead of copying the current connection. (this affected menu handlers in odd ways one wouldn’t expect)
- Created a Web Example